A sponge and soil have a lot in common. Using a sponge to model a soil sample, a video presentation demonstrates soil terminology. The instructor shows how water moves through soil to model infiltration and percolation.
3 Views 1 Download
- Have pupils recreate the experiment with different materials and document the volume of water with each to reach field capacity
- Ask learners to record the new vocabulary discussed in the video in a personal glossary
- Expects a basic understanding of the components of soil
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Emphasizes key scientific vocabulary
- Discusses important issues with too much or too little water on soil