Where did all the good topsoil go? Viewers use a visual presentation to learn how surface cover protects soil from water runoff. The video presenter shows the result of a rain shower by comparing freshly planted soil and another sample that has mature grass cover.
- Supplement with additional videos from the same publisher to study different characteristics of soil
- Recreate the experiment shown in the video with different types of surface cover to make comparisons
- Expects a solid understanding of the concept of water runoff
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Uses a demonstration to illustrate the science concept
- Emphasizes scientific vocabulary throughout the video