This Runaway Balloon interactive also includes:
When a child lets go of a helium balloon, what happens to it? Does it float all the way to space? The simulator allows pupils to experiment on party balloons and weather balloons under different conditions to see what happens to them in each scenario.
- Remind students about the dangers to power lines and animals when releasing balloons outside
- Individuals must have a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Assumes prior knowledge of air pressure, altitude, temperature, volume, and gas laws
- Includes answers to some of the questions on the worksheet
- Offers a walk-through video of how to use the simulator