This Rules: Novel Study study guide also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Have you ever been so focused on others, that a look in the mirror surprises you? It seems that Catherine, a character in Rules, does just that when she focuses so much on her autistic brother's behaviors that she is surprised by her own actions. Scholars learn about Catherine's life experiences with her brother while they complete worksheets to learn about literacy. Activities include anagrams, poetry, and literary devices (exaggeration, personification).
- Preface reading with research about characteristics of autism and other disabilities
- Invite a guest to give a testimonial about having or living with someone with disabilities
- Includes only a preview of a full novel study
- Contains questions analyzing the author's use of words
- Offers an illustrating extension activity