This Rube Goldberg Machines unit also includes:
Use humor to study simple machines! An engaging set of nine lessons allows learners to explore simple machines, kinetic, and potential energy as they work through cartoon renditions inspired by Rube Goldberg. Choose one or multiple lessons appropriate for your groups or give them choices in how they'd like to represent their machines.
- Hold a contest for the most creative machine, and have other classes vote on the winner
- Requires drawing materials for individuals
- Assumes prior understanding of work and simple machines
- Designed with adaptations to allow for differentiation
- Includes assessment ideas and questioning strategies