This Rotation video also includes:
Travel along with the Channel Island as they drift from San Diego northward to their current location off the Coast of Santa Barbara. Dr. Tanya Atwater, a geophysicist and marine geologist at the University of California, Santa Barbara reveals how plate tectonics played a part in this incredible journey.
- Begin the series by showing the West of the West's Tales from California Channel Islands, a teaser that provides an overview of all the Channel Island resources
- Use the video to launch a study of plate tectonics and/or continental drift
- Previous knowledge of plate tectonics and continental drift would be helpful but not essential
- The video provides the core text for a series of lesson plans designed for various grade levels
- The narrator's enthusiasm for her subject is infectious
- The video offers no documentation to support the rotation theory; however, the lessons that accompany the video do