This Roman Theater with Plautus, Terence, and Seneca: Crash Course Theater #6 video also includes:
Thank you, Greek and Roman theater, for providing the dramatic arts with a host of stock characters. A video about Roman theater, the sixth in the Crash Course Theater series, begins by introducing the character types found on stage in Ancient Rome. Information about specific playwrights and plays fills the rest of the video.
- Create a chart to explain the different characteristics displayed by each type of stock character
- Read an excerpt of a play by Plautus or Seneca and try to find the elements discussed in the video
- The type of Roman theater covered features mature relationships and sexual content
- Shares pictures and excerpts from text related to the time period
- Uses funny animations of popular plays during the time period
- Largely features the same person talking quickly for the entire video which becomes monotonous