This Roller Coaster Project activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Emerging engineers work in teams to design pipe insulation roller coasters for marbles that meet specific parameters. They are required to label along the track the areas where kinetic and potential energy are highest and lowest, where positive and negative acceleration exist, where each of Newton's three laws of motion are exhibited, and what forces might slow the marble down.
- Document is editable so that you can change due dates, teacher's name, or any other aspect of the lesson
- Physical science learners must be able to explain concepts and perform calculations that describe the motion of the marble through the track
- Individuals are each held accountable for participation in the project
- Needs improvement in format and is specific to an individual teacher's class and time period, but the document can easily be altered