This Rocking the Boat interactive also includes:
Sometimes it's okay to rock the boat! Science scholars manipulate wave properties using a fun interactive. Part of a larger playlist that dives into waves and sound, the lesson helps users work their way from apprentice to wizard by determining a boat's position with changes to its watery environment.
- Use the ranking system in the interactive to encourage friendly competition among classmates
- Demonstrate some of the scenarios using toy boats in a small tub of water
- Make sure everyone has a calculator, or has access to a calculator app
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Presents each scenario as a word problem, which gives the class more practice with them
- The reference materials are well-written and helpful