This Revolutions of Earth: Tidal Locking interactive also includes:
Need a hands-on activity that tests your scholars' knowledge of the relationship between Earth and the moon? This interactive has it on lockdown! Science scholars manipulate the moon in its path around Earth, then answer multiple-choice and discussion questions to expand their understanding of tidal locking. The content leads them through the basics of gravitational force and the moon's dark side.
- Direct learners to head to the CK-12 Café to discuss the content online with other young scientists
- Monitor class members' progress for a formative check
- Must have a CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Students need individual Internet access to use the resource
- Gives pupils feedback on each answer they provide
- Simple graphics and movement allow individuals to focus on the concept