Economists and accountants work with money every day, but their perspectives about that money can be very different. An informative video from Crash Course Economics explores basic elements of microeconomics, including economies of scale, opportunity costs, and marginal revenue.
- Pair the video with a role-play activity in which groups try to keep fictional businesses solvent by analyzing the costs and benefits from an economist's point of view
- Connect to a math class for an interdisciplinary lesson
- Comment section is open to the public and may contain inappropriate language
- Video is 24th in a series of 35
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Applies the concepts of costs and benefits to situations students can relate to, such as the marginal costs of studying too long or making too many pizzas