This Relationships Between Key Scientific Concepts: What Causes Hurricanes? lesson plan also includes:
A storm is brewing in the sea. Scholars complete multiple reads of How Does a Hurricane Form to determine gist, cause-and-effect relationships, and deepen vocabulary understanding. To finish, they complete graphic organizers to record their thoughts and learning.
- Discuss how inland areas can still be affected by a hurricane
- Lesson three of eight in Grade 5 ELA Module 4, Unit 1
- Must complete lessons in order
- Suggest writing and posting vocabulary words and definitions prior to teaching the lesson
- Includes a list of words to review with readers
- Offers a completed graphic organizer for teacher reference