This Recording the Rainforest lesson plan also includes:
Animals have evolved to communicate in different frequencies so they can hear each other throughout the rainforest. The first lesson in a three-part series begins by exploring an interactive story map online about the Borneo rainforest. An accompanying worksheet guides learners through the entire experience. Then they learn how land use and biodiversity interact. Finally, they design and perform their own investigations of a local ecosystem.
- Plan a field trip to a natural area for scholars to record their acoustic survey
- Allotted time is one week, but it could be longer depending on study design and procedure
- Ideally pupils would use their own computers for the activities, but you could let them work in groups of two if that is the only option
- Provides a long list of resources including books as well as links
- Lists many resources to help students design and present their own investigations
- Mentions the impact of human habitation and hydrology