This Reconstruction and 1876 video also includes:
How did the United States face the problem of needing to integrate a formerly slave and rebellious population back into the country? Your young historians will learn about the complex system of reconstruction that existed in post-Civil War South, including the system of sharecropping, prevalence of the republican party, and Jim Crow laws.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Graphics and animations help to explain historical content
- Poses thought-provoking question at end that can be used as a discussion/writing prompt
- Video begins with an advertisement from a third-party source
- Speakers moves very quickly though an extensive amount of information