This Recognising Unsafe Situations lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
As part of a unit on personal safety, class members are asked to assess the level of risk in a series of 20 situations and then share their ratings, and the reasons for these ratings, with others. The goal here is for young people to learn how to assess situations, how to check their own and others' perceptions, and how to learn to trust their personal judgments.
- Review the previous agreements on safe classroom discussions developed in the first lesson in the series before beginning the activity
- The second in a series of six resources devoted to personal safety
- The resources are designed to be used in order and are based on discussion protocols established in the first resource in the series
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The resource includes suggested activities and notes for teachers