This REALLY Tall! performance task also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Conduct indirect measurements three ways. Working in groups, pupils come up with different ways to measure three tall objects indirectly. The teacher provides measurement information requested by the teams, and learners then calculate the heights of each object before reporting on the strategy they use.
- Ask the class to figure out a different method to find the height of an object by using indirect measurements
- Requires coming up with measurement information for the three objects to give to the class
- Assumes pupils are familiar with similar triangles, Pythagorean Theorem, and trigonometric ratios
- Includes a rubric for each problem
- Provides direction on grouping of the class