Journey into the world of the unseen! Learners discover how even the simplest of objects moving at a distance without physical interaction or direction was a problem that mystified scientists for hundreds of years. The narrator explains how Farraday's and Maxwell's discovery of the electromagnetic field dispelled the myth that magic was responsible for these remote movements.
- Show the resource as an introduction to the concept of electromagnetism
- Have working groups perform simple experiments to examine the concept of magnetism
- Does not require any prior knowledge
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Animations help learners understand how the Theory of Magnetism as a field came to be
- The narrator explains how people viewed concepts such as gravity prior to Farraday's and Maxwell's work, linking the information to history