This Reading—Synthesis and Paired Passages lesson plan also includes:
Good readers make connections between texts. The SAT regularly assesses the ability to make those connections using paired reading passages, a topic discussed in an official SAT practice lesson plan on synthesis. During the lesson plan, test-takers participate in an introductory activity and a group/pair activity, both of which contain sample questions to read an analyze.
- Whenever assigning a novel, short story, or article, find a related passage and challenge scholars to write their own multiple choice questions that connect to both passages
- Includes a hyperlinked article on text synthesis for learners to read first
- Refers to content from other lessons in the workbook
- Detailed rationales accompany each question and answer
- Lessons designed by teachers for teachers
- Assumes background knowledge many students may not have