Introduce your freshmen to reading comprehension strategies and key literary elements with a year's worth of lessons and exercises. Each lesson focuses on a specific literary device and includes a definition of the term, a passage that incorporates the device, and questions based on the passage. The concluding exercises assess learners' understanding of the strategies and elements studied. A great addition to your curriculum library.
- Sequence the lessons over the course of the year to supplement units of study
- Although designed to prepare freshmen for the North Carolina end-of-course test, the materials and approaches in the 88-page packet are appropriate for any learning situation
- The focus of the packet is on preparation for the textual analysis section of the exam and emphasizes literary elements and terms
- The lessons are based on materials contained in the Glencoe literature textbook
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The packet includes lesson plans, literature worksheets, exercises, transparencies, assessments, test-taking strategies, and answer keys