This Readers Theater and the UDHR lesson plan also includes:
Let's make connections! Using the resource, class members make connections between the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and their readers theater scripts. To finish, they complete a worksheet to evaluate the role of narration in each of their scripts.
- Ask students what, if any, human rights they would add to the UDHR
- Lesson three from the 12-part Grade 5 ELA Module 1, Unit 3 series
- Builds on material from previous units
- Provides differentiation strategies
- Includes teaching notes and learning targets