This Rationing by the Numbers: Quantitative Data as Evidence lesson plan also includes:
What was it like to live on wartime rations in the United States during World War II? Young historians find out by exploring how those on the home front bought food thanks to the ration system. Other data includes statistics on car sales and primary source cartoons. Worksheets and essay prompts seamlessly guide class members' investigations.
- Use questions and worksheets to explore the data, images, and video oral histories
- Extend the lesson with an essay assignment
- One part in The Home Front lesson series from the National WWII Museum
- Lesson is ready to use with all included materials
- Additional materials, including essays and supplementary videos, offer opportunities to enhance or extend the lesson