This Ratio – Sharing the Total video also includes:
Sharing is caring, but sharing doesn't have to be equal. Scholars watch a video that shows how to partition a total using a given ratio. The method shown here is to find the cumulative number of parts, divide the total by the number of parts, and then multiply to determine each share.
- Use the associated worksheet as homework
- Pupils must have basic familiarity with ratios
- Note that the video includes a ratio with three parts, 1:2:3
- Thorough explanations make the concept easy to understand
- Provides answers in a separate file
- Handwritten problems in the video are difficult to read