How does concentration affect the rate of reaction? Introduce chemistry scholars to the concept of reaction order using a well-written video from JFR Science. The narrator explains unfamiliar variables, shows reaction orders as graphs, and gives time-saving tips for smooth problem solving.
- Include the video as an introduction to rate law and related concepts
- Prepare practice problems to work as a group for after the video
- Make sure learners are very clear on balancing equations and coefficients before viewing the resource
- Illustrates problem-solving steps while the narrator explains them
- Highlights some of the factors that learners struggle with when they begin learning reaction order, such as ignoring coefficients and units, to ensure viewers understand why these are important