Variables can vary in meaning. A reference material for AP® Statistics explains the difference between random and algebraic variables. It provides a hypothetical situation involving dice—great for use in a classroom situation.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have learners design and perform an experiment like the one in the resource
- Get the class to create graphic organizers comparing random and algebraic variables
- Pupils should be familiar with probability distributions
- Includes a The Challenge for Students section that describes why learners find the concept difficult
- Thorough explanations help students follow along