This Rama and the Ramayana: Crash Course World Mythology #27 video also includes:
What do a 10-headed demon, a monkey king, and a fire god have to do with ancient India? Scholars find out using the 27th video from the 41-part Crash Course World Mythology set. Viewers explore the hero archetype in ancient myths and delve into the Ramayana, an ancient Indian text.
- Have small groups discuss who they think is the true hero of the Ramayana myth
- Look for a modern retelling of the Ramayana to share with students
- Includes some violence, preview to ensure it is appropriate for the class
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes a helpful infographic of the pantheon of Sumerian gods and goddesses
- Lots of humor makes the video very engaging