Pantheist, romanticist, transciendentalist. Introduce young philosophers to the ideas of Ralph Waldo Emerson with a video that details his life, his ideas, and his essays.
7 Views 7 Downloads
- Use the video to introduce viewers to Emerson, his essays, and the transcendental movement
- After a reading of Emerson's essay on gifts, have individuals design a gift for a family member or friend
- Include a reading of his essay "The Over-Soul" to explore in greater depth Emerson's concept of religion
- Given the high level of discourse, the video is most appropriate for honors, AP, or college level courses
- Show the video in full-screen mode to avoid the comment section
- Images help clarify key ideas in essays such as "Self-reliance" and "Nature"