This Raisin Bread Universe lesson plan also includes:
What is the universal breakfast? The resource includes two activities, the first one observing oatmeal to understand the texture of the universe. Then, scholars measure raisin bread dough before and after it rises to represent the expansion of the universe. Includes laboratory reports and analysis questions to help guide the activity.
- If you don't have time for bread to rise, take a balloon just barely inflated and draw five dots on it; as you blow up the balloon, continue to measure the dots and the distance between dots (this version is not as accurate but takes much less class time)
- Lesson expects prior knowledge of the Big Bang Theory and how the universe expands
- Be aware of any allergies
- Dough takes almost an hour to rise, so plan accordingly
- Lesson follows a 5E format
- Includes sample answer key for the lab