Find the how long it has been raining based upon the amount of rainfall. Scholars analyze a table of the amount of rainfall as a function of time. Pupils first determine whether the function is invertible, then they find and interpret function and function inverse values from the table.
- Use the task along with a discussion to introduce inverses
- The class should understand what it means to have an invertible function
- Individuals should understand function notation and the notation for inverse functions
- Provides an explanation along with the solutions
- Points out that it might be beneficial to have a discussion about how rainfall is measured