This Rainbow Water Stacking – Density and Salinity lesson plan also includes:
Create layers of water. Pupils investigate different densities of colored water caused by salinity by trying to stack layers of water. Scholars compare two water samples to determine which is the most dense. As the class members work with the different samples, they determine the order from most dense to least dense creating a stacked set of colors.
- Show how oil and water layer prior to this experiment
- Requires prep before the class works on the task
- Learners should have a basic understanding of density
- Provides questions to check for understanding
- Includes a graphic of how the final product should appear