Why does radiation occur? Learn the reason and the main types of radiation during this video lesson. Scholars discover the makeup of a radioactive atom and the effect of the different types of radiation. They then analyze and create nuclear equations. This is the final lesson in a series of 15 videos.
- Pause the video after each slide to ask and answer clarifying questions
- Builds on the concepts from the previous lesson in the series
- Learners must have a solid understanding of the chemistry of an atom
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes several examples that allow for practice during the video
- Incorporates real-life examples to add relevance to the topic