This Pythagoras' Theorem assessment also includes:
Use a right method to find a distance. Given a right triangle, class members find the length of one side given the measurement of the other two sides—the missing side may or may not be the hypotenuse. A video reminds the pupils how to use the Pythagorean Theorem to find those missing lengths. The resource is a part of a series to review for the math section of the General Certificate of Secondary Education assessments.
- Give three side lengths and ask the class whether they make a right triangle
- The video covers finding distance on the coordinate plane, which is not covered on the worksheets
- Individuals should know how to use significant figures
- The worksheet includes application type problems
- Includes an answer key to help with grading