This Pulse Chase Primer: The Meselson-Stahl Experiment activity also includes:
Experimental design can make or break an experiment. Young scholars analyze the pulse-chase analysis procedure by studying the Meselson-Stahl experiment. Using a video presentation, they discover how the pulse-chase analysis led to the current DNA replication theory.
- Provide instruction on the pulse-chase method as an introduction to the activity
- Pupils benefit from an understanding of DNA structure and replication prior to the lesson
- Provide devices with Internet access when requiring independent viewing
- Includes reference to common misconceptions
- Provides a student handout to accompany the video presentation