The video explains the mass migration of many from Puerto Rico to New York due to the Great Depression. Scholars also learn how many people from Puerto Rico had to assimilate into mainstream American society and forms of racism they faced.
3 Views 1 Download
- Have learners write journal entries from the perspective of an individual coming from Puerto Rico to New York
- Guide pupils to create visual boards based on what they think life might be like in another country or state
- Requires a free PBS account to access materials
- Part of a larger Latino Americans series from PBS
- The video works well with Hispanic Heritage Month
- Great to pair with lessons on civil rights