Thinking back to the last time you taught a lesson on chemical changes ... was there no reaction? Check out an explosive video to put some spark back in your instruction! The narrator of the video guides you through the expectations, as well as creative ideas for presenting them.
- Watch the video to help plan simple remediation strategies
- Perform some of the demonstrations covered in the resource to demonstrate chemical versus physical changes
- Arrange for computer time so pupils can use the simulation shown in the video—a great tool for introducing how chemical reactions occur
- The content stresses the importance of helping learners differentiate between a change of state and a change of chemical identity
- Examples shown in the video are an important reminder of the essential learning required for the standard