This Protecting our Freedoms: The Bill of Rights lesson plan also includes:
Take to the stage! Integrate both drama and civic skills by asking pupils to create and perform skills that demonstrate the importance of the amendments in the Bill of Rights. After reviewing the Preamble to the Constitution, learners consider how the Founding Fathers protected cherished liberties with the Bill of Rights. Then, they create vignettes to illustrate these ideas for their classmates.
- Create skits to illustrate the importance of each amendment in the Bill of Rights
- Develop a class Bill of Rights
- Lesson is second in a series
- Resource includes student instructions and materials
- Rubric makes scoring and feedback simple