This Proportional Representation assessment also includes:
Sometimes the solution is all a matter of perspective. The short assessment task presents a problem to pupils that requires them to make sense of a diagram. Once learners see two similar triangles, the rest of the solution is solving a proportion.
- Provide colored pencils to mark the similar triangles so they are easier to see
- Expects people know how to work with similar triangles
- Individuals should be comfortable solving equations in terms of other variables
- Contains an answer key with multiple solutions
- Denotes the mathematical big ideas involved
- The answer key refers to labels not on the original document and to supplementary angles as complementary