Water is life! How is one small molecule responsible for so many big things? Socratica's series on biology presents a fascinating look at the universal solvent. From its adhesive properties caused by hydrogen bonding to its ability to dissolve more substances than any other solvent, the water molecule amazes young scientists.
- Use the resource to highlight water's properties or for an in-depth look at intermolecular forces
- Demonstrate the properties of water after the video by showing surface tension and comparing water's boiling point to other liquids
- Provide a short review of the water molecule before watching the video
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Links each characteristic of water back to how it supports life, an important concept for pupils to grasp
- Illustrations show key details, such as hydrogen bonding and electronegativity