Add a little salt to your soil and see what happens. A video demonstration shows how soil with high and low sodium content interacts with water. A quick experiment demonstrates the properties of dispersion and the role sodium has in the dispersion of soil.
- Ask learners to bring in samples of soil to analyze the sodium content using the methods in the video
- Have individuals brainstorm the implications of high and low sodium content in soils
- Expects pupils to be familiar properties of solutions
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Instructor makes connections between the soil properties and their implications
- Highlights key scientific concepts