Oxygen makes up 21 percent of Earth's atmosphere. The 13th video in a series of 15 discusses the properties of oxygen. It highlights the importance of it for respiration and corrosives. It goes on to mention the down sides of oxygen such as rust and what would happen if we had the wrong balance of oxygen in the atmosphere.
- Before the video, let scholars think of what might happen if the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere increased or decreased by 10%
- Research the health treatments that have people breathe in pure oxygen
- Relies on prior knowledge of the properties of gases
- Offers links to related videos for those wanting to learn more
- Simple graphics enhance the concepts