Manufacturers package foods using nitrogen to help preserve freshness and prevent bacteria from growing. The 14th video in a 15-part series discusses the properties of nitrogen. It has many uses in industry, research, and health, and the abundance of it in our environment means the cost to use it is low.
- Research cryogenics and how it is beneficial
- List other things people use nitrogen for in homes or schools
- Relies on prior knowledge of the properties of gases and the properties of oxygen specifically
- Provides links to related lessons for those wishing to learn more
- Connects chemistry to multiple real-life applications