This Pronoun Reference and Antecedent Agreement presentation also includes:
The concept of pronoun-antecedent agreement is much easier to understand with solid examples. An explanatory presentation provides an overview of pronoun-antecedent agreement, as well as a series of sentences that feature different types of common errors.
- Have learners write their own sentences with incorrect pronoun-antecedent for their peers to correct
- Assign partners or small groups to work on the sample sentences in the presentation
- Discuss the recent adoption of the singular they into various grammatical style guides
- One sentence discusses Valium as a treatment for depression, which may be a sensitive topic for some learners
- Correct common mistakes for writers of all skill levels
- A good resource for English learners and mainstream students alike