This Promoting Student Self-Assessment lesson plan also includes:
Keep class members accountable for their own learning with a series of differentiated instruction strategies. From rubrics created by pupils to learning contracts written at the beginning of the year, the resource offers multiple ways for middle and high schoolers to assess their progress beyond a traditional report card.
- Incorporate into a project-based unit or research assignment
- Be sure to instill a supportive atmosphere in the classroom before asking learners to voice their concerns to peers
- Resource lists self-assessment strategies without examples or step-by-step procedures, making it versatile but not explanatory
- Applicable to many different topics, subjects, and projects
- Provides links to related lessons and strategies, including different grade levels