This Preventive War lesson plan also includes:
"Those who knocked these buildings down will hear from all of us soon!" - George W. Bush. Scholars investigate and analyze the events of September 11, 2001 in ushering in the Bush Doctrine on foreign policy. Using primary documents as well as video evidence, class members reflect and debate how the Bush Doctrine changed US relations with the world.
- Preview the lesson by showing President George W. Bush's speech on the night of September 11, 2001
- Invite a veteran of the Iraq war to speak to the class about their experiences and their missions
- Group size should be no more than three
- Keep in mind the sensitivity of this recent and ongoing topic
- Resource provides printable worksheets and materials for classroom use
- Provides deliberation question master worksheet with possible student answers