This Presidential Popularity assessment also includes:
Media often misrepresent data and statistics to their advantage. This lesson asks scholars to analyze an article with misleading statistics. They use margin of error and mean data in their studies. Once they complete their analysis, individuals write a factual letter to the editor explaining the statistics.
- Ask individuals to bring in other statistical representations in the media for analysis
- Have your classes rewrite the description to be more representative of the data
- Requires a familiarity with margin of error
- Incorporates a real-life use of data
- Provides an opportunity to include writing within the math lesson
- Information is outdated