This Precipitation in the Pacific Northwest video also includes:
The Pacific Northwest contains the only areas in the contiguous US that receive more than 100 inches of rain each year. Viewers observe the accumulation of rainfall in the area over the course of one month.
3 Views 1 Download NGSS: Designed
- Compare to the rainfall amounts in December of 2016 and 2017
- Explain how researchers collect the IMERG data
- Relies on prior knowledge of the geography of the Pacific Northwest
- Provides support for non-visual learners
- Designed to meet both Next Generation Science Standards and Benchmarks for Science Literacy