This Practicing Patience lesson plan also includes:
As teachers, we have a lot of patience. Our scholars, on the other hand, may need some support. Give your pupils the emotional intelligence instruction they desire with a lesson designed to teach patience through grand conversation, video watching, music listening, game playing, and writing.
- Create a patience-themed anchor chart or bulletin board for scholars to reference during and after the lesson
- Plan to play games and the relay race on a day your class has P.E.
- Send a letter home to inform families about current instruction and provide tips to reinforce patience at home
- The video clip is from the PG rated movie, Surf's Up
- Visit your school library, or download a copy, of The Carrot Seed by Ruth Krauss
- Board games, relay race materials, and paper to write on are required to complete the lesson
- The change in lesson format, such as reading, singing, and watching a video, enhances pupils' engagement
- Extension activities and adaptation recommendations are listed
- The song does not reflect current, or popular, musical themes; preview it before conducting the lesson as it may not be to your liking