Combine a study of biography writing with some tips for spicing up writing. After reading two passages, one much more descriptive than the other, pupils examine what makes one more interesting. They then brainstorm some ideas for writing autobiographies.
- Build this into a unit on biography and autobiography in which learners read some examples and then write their own
- Use the first page independently
- The resource only provides the initial brainstorm page for an autobiography, and you'll likely want to add in more scaffolding and preparation for this writing assignment
- Comes with the two excerpts for examination as well as accompanying short answer questions
- A graphic organizer is provided for the brainstorming activity
- Answers for the short answer portion are not included