This Power Pellets! Nuclear Energy in the United States lesson plan also includes:
Nuclear power provides about 20 percent of the energy generated in the United States. The seventh activity in the series of 12 tackles nuclear power. After sharing what they know about nuclear energy, scholars complete a WebQuest make a product that includes their new knowledge, and complete a gallery walk.
- Have learners research where the location of the nearest nuclear power plant is to them and answer questions like how old is it? When will it retire? What will happen to its spent fuel? etc.
- Classes should have some understanding of elements and atoms
- Lesson could be completed in two class periods
- Contains three assessment options at the end: a concept quiz, an essay, or justifying answers to true/false questions
- Gallery walks are engaging because pupils like to see what everyone else did and learned