This Pop-Up Museum lesson plan also includes:
Museums offer more than interesting exhibits—they are key to keeping history alive. An immersive activity uses a virtual field trip to show academics the importance of museums in preserving history. Young historians learn how museums are often based on themes, such as the American Revolution, and then use common items to create their own museums. The resource also includes a worksheet and group discussion to reinforce the importance of preserving history.
- Have learners create a pop-up classroom museum using items from home or images from the Internet
- Arrange for an in-person field trip to a museum
- Activity requires Internet access
- Resource is from the larger series called Through Their Eyes: Major Causes and Events of the American Revolution Teacher Resource Guide
- The activity can be completed individually, in pairs, or groups as needed
- Resource is easily adaptable for virtual learning