This Pondlife: Our Tiny Neighbors instructional video also includes:
Three episodes explore pondlife with microbiologist Sally Warring from the American Museum of Natural History. Videos give scholars an up-close look into the microbes that live among pond scum, algae, and moss while the host offers detailed information.
- Split the class into three groups, direct each group to watch one of the videos then share their findings with their peers
- Spread the episodes over three days, watch one video each day and discuss thoroughly
- Bring in live samples of pond scum, algae, or moss for learners to observe up close
- Each episode is under 15 minutes long
- Provides a brief overview of the role of microbes in ponds
- Videos are high-quality productions